Monday, November 12, 2007

Book Review

The “Sorting Hat” of Harry Potter fame appeared on campus today. When worn, the hat proclaims in which dormitories the wearer should live. The hat was accompanied by directions for use and a message from “Professor Dumbledore” hailing the administration’s new assignment method. Credit: NATHAN COLLINS -- THE TECH

Well I've done it, I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowlings. I'm going to miss all these crazy kids from Hogwarts and their trials and tribulations. It was a good read and I found myself like many before, quite sad at times as it all seemed to be coming to an end too quickly. Over the years I've become fond of my Fall read into the world of Hogwarts. I seem to read the new Rowlings book in the change of seasons as the weather grows colder. Many a blistery Autumn night over the years I've snuggled deep in a new adventure with Harry and friends. The Deathly Hallows although immensely enjoyable was filled with endless battle scenes and many beloved characters dying with each new chapter. This was not a children's book unless you could categorize it under horror. The ending left the reader in no doubt that this was the last book Rowlings would ever write about Harry Potter.
This series is part of a generation, a classic for years to come. In a world filled with techno everything where few young students take an interest in anything they can't turn on first, these books stirred something infusing a new generation with a love of reading.
Thank you J.K. Rowlings, God Bless and Good Night.......




No comments: