Saturday, August 25, 2007

Mantra Girl

Mantra Girl has a DVD which is an introduction to Kundalini yoga and chanting. I thought, "Yeah this seams really good. A gentle yoga session with lots of chanting and breath, perfect for a vacation at the beach." Well true to word Mantra girl did a lot of breath work. She had us doing breath of fire through at least half the session. The rest of the time was spent with repetitions of asanas I have never done before. I'm not implying there not yoga poses I've just never encountered the majority of what she had us doing in any of my classes, but then again Kundalini is new to me. I found a nice quote from Mantra Girl describing the basis of this yoga, " Kundalini Yoga is different than other forms of yoga in that it uses the chakra system of the body. Other yoga styles often focus only on stretching. Kundalini uses chanting meditation and long deep breathing to awaken the energy of the body. The goal Kamler says, “Is to move the energy from lower more primal points of the energy body to the higher chakra points which awakens the consciousness." Ok so there you go.... A lot of what was presented were exercises to clear out the aura and create a healthier field of attraction. I have never done any work to clean out this area and perhaps that 's why I had such a hard time with this yoga session. Although I'm fairly active and physical it was difficult keeping up and I found I needed to stop and rest at times. Mantra Girl does not give verbal words of encouragement to keep you going but she does emit a peacefulness and with the music and chanting you really don't want her speaking anyway. She has a beautiful voice, I can't wait to use her work in my own classes. This DVD is not a one shot deal I think you have to do it several times to get something out of it. I'm going to do a trial run for the next week and will report back with my findings.

peace out!!!!

No comments: