Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Year

The New Year is here and with it an opportunity to walk down some roads never traveled. For me it's a time to take it slow and let life unfold. 2007 came to a close like the Concord flying into CDG airport. Now that we've landed in 2008 I find I have a little jet lag and I am in need of a rest. Time to reflect and move in a new direction. I realize I packed a little too much into the limited time I have and was unrealistic about what I could accomplish. The namaste experience came and went, home renovations took longer than expected and life plans needed to be revised and edited. Not long ago I ran into a colleague at my yoga studio. She spoke of the New Year in terms of intention rather than resolution. Resolutions reflect our negative attitudes. She is making intentions based on positive affirmations rather than resolutions. I like this, I'm going to take it with me throughout the year.
Happy travels all.

No comments: