Friday, October 10, 2008

Book Review

Tales of a female Nomad by Rita Golden Gelman are the incredible true journey's of one woman's life. Gelman divorced in her forties and decided to take a trip to Mexico and study an indigenous village. She found true delight and enjoyment in the experience and decided to just keep going. To date Gelman who must be in her late sixties is still traveling. From Mexico, to Bali, New Zealand, Israel, India, Canada and every continent, country and Island that takes her fancy. On her website she states, "I am a modern-day nomad. I have no permanent address, no possessions except the ones I carry, and I rarely know where I’ll be six months from now. I move through the world without a plan, guided by instinct, connecting through trust, and constantly watching for serendipitous opportunities." I read this book during my travels throughout the Summer. I found it both inspirational and exhausting. During my travels in India I had the great fortune of meeting quite a few female nomads who had been on the road for years with few thoughts of really settling anywhere. I found their experiences rich beyond words and their attitudes toward life fascinating. I also discovered this is not a lifestyle I would choose to live. Although my love of travel will never diminish I find I'm firmly grounded to family, home and profession and it suits me well, with no complaints.
Many blessings and safe travels to all the ladies who travel this big blue marble. You shine bright and give us all inspiration and make the world a more humane place.
Peace and Love to you all,
Miss. S

No comments: