Saturday, August 29, 2009

Beach Time

Anyone who knows me well or maybe even just a little soon understands my true love affair with beaches. I LOVE the beach and would happily spend my days in a bathing suit traipsing in the sand with dogs, frisbee, yoga mat, book or whatever. I can't say I'm the happy go lucky, any beach, any time kind of person. Since I grew up with plenty of sunshine and a backyard of silky sands I have a certain expectation. Some beaches just don't add up because there are too many people or the beach is too polluted or perhaps nice for a hike but not quite what I had in mind or frankly they are just too stupid for words. That said Summer finally came into my life for a little while. The man and I packed up and headed east. Each day I have been fortunate to take a yoga class (on the beach) from two wonderful teachers with extraordinarily open heart chalkras. This has been a blessing and desperately needed medicine.

It's been a tough Summer and I haven't been feeling any joy or lightness. My nerves have been a wreck and I've felt trapped by a black cloud of confinement. I'm not so sure about doing another Summer like this one. Actually I can defiantly say I'll be making alternative choices in the future.

This week I have been playing outside, out of cell reception to everything and enjoying my time tremendously.

So three cheers for sun salutations on the beach and feeling the joy!


No comments: