Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Hill


What is it that creates the drive in some to make a begrudging trek while others choose something more amicable, serene, perhaps desirable? Freud tells us that each individual has a unique inherent constitution which creates a drive, a self will. Each life drive will self actualize in its own manner. Natural drive state cannot be evaporated. Diminished by pathology or life events perhaps but the essence is always present. A natural state unique to each individual.


When do we decide that peace is not an after 5:00 pm event or weekends only? I'm in the grip of another Spring madness. Deeply personal with a multitude of professional obligations. I think its this way for many, but does it need to be so depleting? It's a puzzle for me and a piece of my karma. How can we be at peace in our soul when life is blasting at 150 miles an hour under our bellies? Is life going that fast or am I? I'm not sure.... I think I haven't figured out anything yet.


Wishing jai bhagwan and deep peace to all.

3 comments:

Emma said...

why is it that it's so hard to turn about when you're 100 yards from the top of a mountain? what is it about human beings that needs.to.get.to.the.top? it's drive, but it's like self competition, too. i see it all the time in myself...

Miss S said...

wow! so right Amen to that.

YogaforCynics said...

"When do we decide that peace is not an after 5:00 pm event or weekends only?"

Good question. Personally, I've been self(semi-)employed for the past four or five years, and, before that, was an academic, so it's been a long time since I've done the 9-5 5 days a week thing...which means, technically, a lot more time when nobody's looking over my shoulder telling me I should be working, but, at the same time, no time when work isn't something I could and maybe should be doing. And this shows me the wisdom (even if I'm not able to live by it at the moment) of something Thich Nhat Hanh said: "If you truly want to be at peace, you must be at peace right now."