Monday, March 2, 2009

Dr. Seuss.



Happy Birthday ! A fellow Pisces and I presume a dam nice guy, Theodor Seuss Geisel was truly one of a kind. His books and cartoons are still completely fun and freaky, and delight at any age.
I read him when I was learning to read and again the day I graduated from college. All the children in my life have shared Dr. Seuss with me, either by my reading to them, or they to me. An originator in feel good memories and bonding moments. An interesting and inspirational character, his first book, And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, was rejected 27 times before it was finally published.
I like this man, he's real and when you dig a little deeper you see he's quite real. Lots of mishaps, mistakes and wrong turns but also a brilliant mind, heralding a new generation of thinkers, readers and visionaries.
freakishly fun and good for all ages. Your great Dr. Seuss,!
Happy 105th

1 comment:

Brenda P. said...

Eamonn is now old enough to really enjoy Dr. S, so we read him all the time. So much fun. And such great poetry and meter. My latest fave rhyme: "add Parsley, quite sparsely" in Scrambled Eggs Super.

And I've always loved the furry, pointy, droopy toes...