Monday, April 13, 2009

Tranquility Yoga


I really want to give a little shout out to my favorite class of the week. Every Sunday evening I make my way to Rhea Slichter's lovely bliss yoga class. This particular class, rest and renew is a restorative yoga with a deep emphasis on yin principles The hour and fifteen minutes is spent supported with blocks and we rarely leave the floor. The room is heated but with extreme moderation. Every other class given at this studio is boot camp, very hot, Baptiste vinyasa yoga. Get up and move it buddy! Sunday evening they bring it down to a really peaceful healing place which is borderline addictive when its been a tough week. I often pass right out in class, a lot of us do. It's incredibly good. Also it seems whatever aches and pains I go in with usually get worked out while I'm lying in a supported pose. This little yoga class is the best kept secret in the city......ssshhhh!

No comments: