Saturday, July 18, 2009

My own private Idaho


When I was a child I used to go to the this beach.  I still feel much love for this beach, for me it was cypress trees on a sandy beach. The perfect place to just sit and contemplate anything or everything. When engaged in yoga, feelings can rise up in our bodies which are powerful and consuming. I think its best to move through the feelings, allowing them to surface and then release. It can be a similar experience when we find a pleasing and comfortable place to sit and relax. A safe place to feel and let go. Someplace personal and unique to quietly allow feelings to rise up in our body then release. I like to remain till I feel ready to move on. For me this is an important piece of the practice of living and retaining good mental health. There are many ways to maintain good mental health, this is just one exercise. I fully intend to find my own personal place for meditation and retreat as absolutely soon as I can manage. For now, I have been FULLY engaged in the process of home gentrification and simultaneous construction. I have family coming to stay this week, so I have spent the past three weeks engaged in house beautiful projects. The really great aspect of this is after the visit, the lions share of stuff I will have needed to do will be done, giving me time to find my cypress tree.
May you find yours as well,
Miss.S.

No comments: