Sunday, November 1, 2009

A kinder, gentler season

About a month ago I was walking one of my dogs and took a nasty little fall and ended up with a slight injury to my rotator cuff. Added to this I have had a bit of a chest cold which has left me feeling tired and wanting to crawl in my comfy bed with a good book. Gentle is the word of the day this season. Gentle, slow flow. After a month hiatus from yoga I'm starting back, dropping frequently into child's pose. As the season changes I feel a deep appreciation for the colder weather, happy to slow down watch the leaves turn color and fall to the ground. Slowing down, listening to my body and actively seeking more peaceful days has brought the realization I have not been listening to my own needs or following the rhythm of my body. Once again its time to step back, spend time in the kitchen, do more breath work, drink less coffee and spend more time being instead of doing.
Wishing everyone a passive gentle day.

1 comment:

Michelle @ Find Your Balance said...

Have a passive day. (that should be a t-shirt!)