Sunday, October 24, 2010

Moving Day!

I'm delighted to report we started moving into our new home this weekend. I am completely ready and on board with this and elated a new chapter has finally begun. It's sweet chaos at the moment, but it feels right. By this time next week we will be completely moved out and into our new home, and by the following week this place will be ready to rent. I have no bitter feelings, it's just time to go. I knew when I bought this place it would never be home. It was my first place and I learned a lot and I'm grateful for that. I accomplished a lot while I was here as well and many happy things happened as a few personal tragic ones. I'm at peace with my decision, it was what it was supposed to be, and I got out of it all I could. So I leave feeling good and solid with my only sadness that Cisco can not come with us, he would have loved the new house.
I went to yoga class yesterday for the first time in weeks. It was nice to be sharing time with others, and I badly needed the practice, but once again, I'm over it. I can tell I've mentally left that studio as well. My interests have expanded to include other areas of practice. I had the opportunity to learn from some dynamic teachers. The instruction and some of the practice made a permanent stamp on my own teaching and I am forever thankful but it's time to move on. I have some studios and teachers to explore once we're moved in and unpacked a bit. I'm really excited and open to all the new opportunities and discoveries just ahead. Its a great feeling.Non attachment, so hard but it can be so good!
I'll leave you with a nice poem about home and hearth and internal love and warmth and hugs, kisses and all that good stuff! Have a fabulous day everyone.
A Home Song
I read within a poet's book
A word that starred the page:
"Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage!"
Yes, that is true; and something more
You'll find, where'er you roam,
That marble floors and gilded walls
Can never make a home.

But every house where Love abides,
And Friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home-sweet-home:
For there the heart can rest.
Henry Van Dyke

No comments: