Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring Cleaning


Glorious Spring! To celebrate the season and get this party off right Miss. S attended a yoga workshop, Twisting: Spiraling Within Flow with Gregor Singleton. This workshop integrated the mechanics of twisting postures with a step-by-step guide to what is needed to benefit the body to revitalize. Yoga twists open the chest, detoxify the body and massage the internal organs. When spiraling the organ receives a tourniquet effect which squeezes out old blood and when twisting in the other direction, allows new blood to flow in. This in turn stimulates the metabolism, dextoxifies the system and brings rejuvenation. I walked into this workshop knowing I wanted to do this but also exhausted. Personally and professionally there is a lot going on and I'm truly in need of a good rest. An hour later I was in child's pose making exuses in my head and trying to figure out how to walk out gracefully. I stayed, only to realize everyone in the room had a similar level of exhaustion. Many spirals later I was in savasana, glad I stayed and feeling much better. I have a few more things to do this month including a lemon cleanse, but I'm off ,maybe not running but on my way!
Happy, Happy Spring Everyone!

No comments: