Thursday, January 14, 2010

Breath Baby, just breath


I haven't been around much lately. I've been really busy, up at the crack of dawn and working till I go to sleep or collapse. It's been hectic and I'm a little fried around the edges. Basically I got hammered with overflow work that wasn't possible to complete in December. I'm finally over the mountain with just a small hump to jump. I can finally begin to slow down and breath for a bit. Today I got a big reminder why breath is so overwhelming restorative and medicinal. My day started off with an early morning appointment with my academic advisor. I had a small window of opportunity to get what I needed done. I am waiting, waiting, waiting and my advisor is no where to be found. Finally a half hour later I'm frantically filling out paperwork and running out the door. I have quite a bit to do and today I have an unforgiving schedule. As I double check what I need for my lectures I can't find something I know I packed the night before. I am looking everywhere, becoming more panicked by the moment. The clock is ticking and in order to be on time to teach my classes I needed to leave ten minutes ago. I still can't find what I need. I stop breathing, completely snap and begin screaming while I dump my work bag on the floor tearing through unable to find what I need. I run out the door and once in the car I see it on the floor of the car. No time to curse, I gun the car into motion and drive entirely too fast. Almost there, I'm looking for a parking place which takes an inordinate amount of time. After slamming the car into park I take off running as fast as I can in my heals till I arrive at the class where I am indeed slightly late. With barely an introduction I begin my lecture, hardly taking a breath until I actually get to the segment where I speak about the medicinal qualities of breath exercises. I automatically take a long breath and instantly feel better. I lead the class through a sample of breath exercises and decide I will do the breath work as well. We all begin and within a few minutes I feel a rush of calm not only come over me but the entire class. When we end there is a lovely silent moment. Wow what a powerful message....
Wishing everyone peace, namaste and deep lovely breaths.

No comments: