Sunday, January 31, 2010

Connection

Moving together/Kripalu

Yoga teacher training gives the student the unique opportunity to become in sync with a group of people. The energy of the class can be powerful and help elevate the practice to a higher level. I clearly remember the feeling of disconnection during my first class back from kripalu yoga teacher training. Time passed, I found connection with the students I teach, and sometimes the people who regularly take class in the studio where I practice. Jenna Hussey used to say at the end of every class, " Its really you, you bring it, you make it happen." The studio where I attend can be a crowded experience with everyone jockeying for a few inches of space. Once we've settled in and get going, things usually move along and we all have a nice practice. But every once in a while when your in the right place at the right time it's magic. Saturday the students to my left and right really made it happen. To my left was a woman whose perfect breathing rhythm allowed me to breath fully and in synch with the movement of the practice. To my right was a woman who through her relaxation filled every asana to its full capacity. Her ability to enjoy and let go allowed me to do the same. I experienced a complete class and left feeling connected and satisfied. Thank you to the two lovely ladies in class who made it happen, your gift did not go unnoticed.

1 comment:

Emma said...

i miss you, kripalu!!!