Friday, November 19, 2010

Bringing it on home

beautythatmoves.typepad.com
Now that were getting moved in and settled I feel the need to submerge into my practice. I have been eyeing a few studios which I am genuinely interested in trying out, but each time I schedule in a little time for a visit my heart just kind of sinks. I'm just not motivated to seek out something new right now and I defiantly have no intention of going back to the old. At this time I would just rather be practicing on my own. A serious prerequisites when we were looking at homes was a place where we could build a designated space just for a practice. Not a room which is also a bedroom or an office or storage area or a partial place where you could roll out a mat, but a complete space which is only for practice. This house being perfect in just the right ways has such a space. At the moment we have all our art lined up against the walls and its a but crowded and chaotic, but it will either be hung or stored away by the end of the weekend leaving the space free and clear for its intended use It's time to rediscover my home practice and let things roll out in a solitary manner for a while. Restorative work is calling me these days, so its time to get out the blocks, straps and blankets and just begin.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Until then, Namaste

No comments: