Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Journey

My Dad died last week. I've been walking around in a daze. I really adored my father. He's gone off on a journey somewhere to have another lifetime, see new wonderful sights and have new insights on the cosmos and this incredible universe. May the road rise up to meet you Dad, take Cisco with you, he's an excellent travel companion and say hello from time to time.

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there... I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow...
I am the diamond glints on snow...
I am the sunlight on ripened grain...
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of gentle birds in circling flight...
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—
I am not there... I did not die...

3 comments:

Linda-Sama said...

what is never born, can never die.

metta to you.

Kristin said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. As our parents usher us into the world, so we usher them into the next.

Namaste

Emmanuelle said...

*hugs*