Friday, February 4, 2011

Home coming


This has been a winter of snow storms. Storm after storm with little relief in sight. The farmers almanac proclaims more on the horizon with no end in sight till early March. Traveling by car has been long and arduous with many hours spent in computer traffic, travel traffic and storm traffic. Oh dear, the winter doldrums have set in as well. I've been asking myself lately, "Where has my life drive gone?" Packed up and moved to a warmer climate I fear. What's a girl to do? This winter it's been all about getting out on my cross country skis. Once home it's an easy step out the door and into the snow. I've skied more this winter than I have have in years and it's been a welcome homecoming. I used to ski regularly but alas adult obligation and an urban lifestyle promptly fixed that for quite some time. Fortunately our home is now steps away from a great after work ski moment and I am now able to give my long lost cross country ski's a bit of much deserved attention. I don't go out for very long, just long enough to feel good. My yoga practice is like that as well. I have no desire once home to commute back in and look for a parking space. I spend more time on the mat in my own home these days. Its nice, and I'm building a little momentum. A small practice in the morning and/or one in the evening. I certainly can build my own sequence, but these days I'd rather follow someone else. At the moment I'm totally enamoured by A.M. P.M. yoga with Rodney Yee and Patricia Walden. It's a lovely sequence. One for the morning and one for the evening, each 20 minutes. It's beginner sequences and very accessible. For me it's about breath and stretch and remembering what made yoga a significant part of my life. Doesn't have to be long, or complicated, or adventurous, coming back to home base is ultimately important right now.
Feeling my home roots and the fire in my heart. My Dad is not feeling well and whether I'm ready or not, transitions are coming. Trips up North are essential right now. So many emotions, coming home, nothing complicated, just be there.
Wishing everyone much much love and may your home fires burn warm and bright.

No comments: