Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Helping hand



The universe stepped in this week with a little assistance and some hopeful messages. I've been running on a low tank, stretching and maxing my energy beyond it's limit. My schedule change, and hence my life change starts in ten days. It's an enormous amount of work and it just won't be finished by my departure date, so I'm giving myself till March to get it all done. I'm doing what's humanly possible, that's all anyone can really do. In the meantime some unexpected news was dropped on my doorstep this week. Gifts, letting me know it's all OK.

By midweek I was already fried and woke up yesterday feeling woozy from exhaustion. I have a little assignment I should have never taken, but I assumed I was stuck with it. Quite unexpectedly and to my great relief I will no longer have to trudge an hour and fifteen minutes for a half hour appointment which always left me feeling strangely depleted and in an odd joyless feeling state. Nothing bad, nothing I could ever put a finger on, at the end of the day just not meant to be. It was my fault for taking on too much and saying yes, when I should have said no. That's part of what I need to learn in this life, but let's save that discussion for another time.

So this weekend it's paperwork and prep time! What's thrilling about what I'm doing right now is the finality of it. Finish a report or project and there isn't a huge ball of hot mess with and ASAP date rolling down ready to plow me over. I can finally begin to catch a breath. Classes have started and its comforting to know each class, clinical, and case study, brings me to the light at the end of my doctoral tunnel. It's the last third of my program, and although I have a ways to go, its a journey I'm happy to be on and thank my lucky stars I'm here.

Wishing everyone peace and quality time for yourself and loved ones.

No comments: