Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rest Time



I haven't been taking care of myself for these past many months and I really feel it. I'm continually run down, slow moving, dull around the edges always on the verge of a cold or some other ailment. I don't feel sick, but not healthy or vital either. I've made a resolution to remove some of the toxic from my life and begin to incorporate or return to my healthier habits. I tend to plunge into things fast, committing with stipulation and working quickly toward an end point. I can't do that this time, I have no inclination and even if I did, I just don't have the energy. I'm going to take things slowly. I don't work well without creating a timeline of some sort, but for now I just want to be aware.

I read an article that suggests it take sixty six days to make a substantial change in routine, habit and mindset. I never bought the commonly held believe that twenty eight days will create a new system that can be internalized neurologically. I've always been suspect; the lunar cycle, a woman's cycle. and tada! cycle of habit. It's too easy an explanation and it doesn't make sense, we don't throw down neurological tracks that fast.

So here's to sixty six slow and steady days, may they roll peacefully along!

No comments: