Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baskets


As I dial in with clarity I see three baskets stand before me. I am grateful for the work I was pushed to do to have these choices in front of me. If circumstances were different I would not be looking at these choices as it would have never occurred to me to move beyond where I was standing. I'm grateful, these are all fine choices. For now, I really don't know which basket I will ultimately claim, two absolutely in the Fall and the third possibly when Summer changes to Autumn perhaps just a small bit later. Some baskets can be combined, others not at all. I don't want to say what's in them till the time comes, but for now at least I know to some degree where I'm headed.

One if not all of these will manifest and at that time I will have to make a decision. I'm ok with that, the really hard part is behind me. Although there's much work to do between now and the end of June, I know what I am focusing on and this brings a far less cluttered feeling state which eases my mind greatly. I've been reading a lot of Pema Chodron. She is an ordained Buddhist nun, author, and teacher. My analyst suggested I look into her work. Reading and listening to this women's teachings have been a revelation. I cant help but think of that old quote, when the student is ready the teacher will appear. I'm deeply grateful.

“It's a transformative experience to simply pause instead of immediately fill up the space.
By waiting, we begin to connect with fundamental restlessness
as well as fundamental spaciousness
.

Pema Chodron, from When Things Fall Apart

No comments: