Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Boot Camp

Over the weekend I discovered Baron Baptiste himself would be teaching some classes this week. Yesterday I excitedly packed my yoga bag and headed off to an early evening class. Knowing it would be a a zoo, I got there 45 minutes early. The line was already halfway to the door. Finally we all trotted in, squeezed together like a can of sardines and we were off to the wild woolly world of boot camp yoga. Less than halfway through the class a couple of people got up to leave. Halfway through the class I myself wanted to leave or at least have an out of body experience so I would not have to feel the intensity of this practice. Three quarters of the way through I wanted my heart to stop pounding, prayed for breath and somebody to open the door which leads out to the street so I could escape. Close to the end I was having not very kind thoughts about Baron Baptiste. I had just about reached my limit and found even savasana difficult when a funny thing happened during mediation. I had a down and out fight with my brain and told it to shut the fuck up! This was immediately followed by release of resentment and letting go of old acid feelings. What was that all about? I staggered out of the class and journeyed home, took to aspirin and went to bed. You know... I woke up this morning an hour early, feeling rested and and ready to begin life again. Thanks for the class Baron. Namaste!

No comments: