Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Comin'


I'm still working through my long year end obligations. I should be finished today which is a relief. It's been a rather long haul and I'm ready to move forward with other things. Once I finish this paper and submit it, my long list will finally be complete. This has recently freed up a little time to begin to slow down and breath. I've begun to reconnect with my practice, and Lola and Bingo and I have been taking longer and longer walks. Strolls in the wood, just meandering, slowing down and reconnecting to life and nature. I pulled out a Christina Pirello vegetarian cookbook and decided to have another go at it this Summer. Tomorrow I'm going to look for tiles for my kitchen floor which delights me to no end and this little project is well past its due date. Wednesday I meet with my advisor to go over my schedule for next year (in reality the next three). It's actually a great relief to be at this point and be know the light at the end is coming if I just keep going. September will bring huge schedule and life style changes and a period of adjustment in terms of time commitment and where time is spent, and how much time is spent, and how funds are allocated and do many other things I must take into consideration. But for now I'm just thrilled to have some time to slow down, breath and relax a little.

No comments: