Thursday, July 29, 2010

Time and Training

I am doing a professional training the next five days. It's the second of four modules which I need to complete in order to administer a certain test in my given profession. I have the testing kit, paperwork, days set aside and have arranged my schedule accordingly. Everything was nearly in place, I only needed a stopwatch. I assumed this would be easy till I walked in and out of my third store without a stopwatch. I did manage to procure the item but not after first sweating it out a little. I think its ironic I couldn't find an object that keeps time, since time is a major issue in my life. I continue to work on making more time for meaningful activity while stepping away from things that add no value. Easier said than done and obligation certainly gets in the way. Things that must be completed even if you feel their meaningless must be done. I've been busy this Summer but busy getting my life in order and getting things done that were badly in need of doing, well past their due date in many cases. As I tick items off the list (literally) I continue to reflect on how I can arrange my life so it's not so hectic and allows some breathing room and more personal time. From the outside it can seem a pretty straightforward task but like finding a stopwatch once in search it's more challenging and less obvious than first perceived.

No comments: