Saturday, June 9, 2012

It's better together!


                                               Triple downward dog for the adventurous! 

Rainbow Kids Yoga teacher training in Montreal was fantastic!   Our teacher Amanda Mcfadyen was truly a wonderful inspiration.  We left armed to the teeth with a large bag of games, ideas, and joyful, playful ways to teach children yoga.  The experience left us all with an open heart and a reconnection to why childhood can be such a fantastic experience.  I would also like to give a shout out to Equilibrium Yoga Studio in Montreal for hosting the event. Equilibrium is beautiful, warm, welcoming community, dedicated to bringing yoga and healing to everyone.  

Teaching children is tricky, as I discovered myself they will soon become bored and restless with a traditional approach.  This course taught me how to present the class through a series of games.   I wrote my first lesson plan on the flight home and tried it out immediately.   I hit a home run with the 7-9 year old crowd.  They loved it!  I also tried the class on a small group of highly distracted very young preschool children without much success.  Luckily the groups I will be teaching are in the 7-9 year old range.  Children need yoga too, the key is in the presentation.  Thank you Gopala Amir Yaffe  (founder) and Amanda Mcfadyen for this opportunity! 

If your interested in a training  I recommend looking on the Rainbow Kids site.   Trainings are available across the globe ( literally!).

Peace, love and rock and roll!
Shine on!

No comments: