Saturday, July 14, 2012

Yoga on the Beach


Throwing my yoga mat and suitcase with wild abandon into the trunk of the car I eagerly traveled to the seashore for some well needed healing and rejuvenation.  For several summers part of my summertime yoga consists of spending time with Don and Nancy, two fantastic teachers who through their teachings always provide me with whats needed to feel whole again.  This year all their classes are directly on the beach.  Classes on the beach previously have been on a deck overlooking the beach (which is quite nice as well) but this year we are directly on the beach.  It took a little maneuvering to figure out how to keep sand off my mat,  even out the surface a bit, and place myself  comfortably, but now with the logistics out of the way I am totally sold.  I love using the sand as a prop, meditating while gazing at the ocean, and the luxurious sensory experience of the feel of the sand, ocean wind, the blue sky's, and the peace and serenity it brings.  Each day I feel a little stronger and a bit more whole while simultaneously acknowledging how far I have slipped from vitality and life force.  As always the ocean's incredible life force rejuvenates me inwardly and brings out such joy. 

Hari Om and shine on everyone!

1 comment:

stand up paddle yoga costa rica said...

Thanks for this publish. I find it hard to track down good answers out there when it comes to this subject matter.Thanks for the review!