Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Kiss the Sun

This summer I have been out and about reacquainting myself with my relationship to nature, my practice and rediscovering a sense of well being.  Practicing outside is always extremely gratifying and I have felt the strong healing effects from having my practice outside in the sunshine.  With each sun salutations I feel stronger and with each chest opener I feel my heart and head heal a little more each day.  Sleeping through the night, feeling energized and stronger have been but a few of the cherished benefits.  I decided to add a little extra, and have been going to the gym regularly.  I'm not a gym person by any stretch of the imagination, but I am finding its helping me build strength which I really need to help me rebuild and regain health.  Having spent the last year sitting for fourteen hours a day, then going to bed, getting up and doing it again every day for nearly a year straight  left me in a health crisis.  By the end of June I had barely enough energy to get through half the day, needed coffee not to fall asleep on the way home, and began noticing my hips, knees and feet were so stiff from non use I was limping.  This complied with a mirror of other sudden health complaints left me wondering and worried that I had put off this lifestyle change a little too long.  It going to take a long while, but I do feel the reemergence of a body, mind connection and some peace and well being starting to take root.  

Never again will I allow this to happen.  I am in control of my own person and actions.  I will not allow a person, a paycheck, or any amount of bullying or intimidation to interfere with my health, my well being or my life drive!

Wishing everyone a strong and wonderful day.

No comments: