Sunday, August 5, 2012

Swinging to the Groove


I've had the same playlist for my yoga classes for a while now. I've needed to change up the music for a while.  It's good to have a variety if you play music in your classes but its also a little tricky because it needs to jive with the sequence of the class. All the classes I teach are gentle so the music needs to align with the feeling of the class while managing to motivate but relax at the same time. So here it is, some I kept, some new.   Do you have a sequence that's hard to part with?  Any staple music in your class you always like to play?

Bhajelo-Ji Hanuman- Krishna Das -  Krishna Das: Greatest Hits Of The Kali Yuga 
Madrid To Barcelona -Wayne Cobham    Surfing Medicine: Volume II    
Banks of the Avonmore- Steve Gordon    The Celtic Lounge   
Teardrop- Massive Attack    Mezzanine    
Inaudible Melodies- Jack Johnson    Brushfire Fairytales    
Over The Rainbow- Israel Kamakawiwo'ole    Facing Future           
Diamond In Your Mind- Tom Waits & Kronos Quartet   Healing the Divide

The Guy That Says Goodbye to You Is Out of His Mind- Griffin House  Flying Upside Down  
Be the Change -MC Yogi   Jamtse - Love & Compassion          
Will the Circle Be Unbroken - Mavis Staples    Have a Little Faith   
Love Is My Religion (Acoustic)- Ziggy Marley    Love Is My Religion   
With My Own Two Hands-Ben Harper    Diamonds On the Inside  
La Femme Chocolat- Olivia Ruiz    La Femme Chocolat    
Shalom Salaam - Ziggy Marley    Dragonfly    
Poem Without Words-Shammi Pithia    Cinema for the Ears     

As a side note I got poem without words off of I tunes which warns of explicit lyrics.  For the life of me I cant figure out why they labeled it explicit.  Gentle music and a nice way to end a class, go figure.......
  

No comments: