Saturday, August 18, 2007

Yoga at Home

We are on vacation and I have a DVD player at my disposal so I brought a couple of yoga DVD's to assist me in building the home practice. I brought Vinyasa flow yoga with Sean Corn, one I have done a few times before. This is simple, clean and does the job in an hour and fifteen minutes. I also brought a new one along, Ashtanga Yoga: beginner's practice with Nicki Doane. This is 68 minutes which was plenty. Beginner Ashtanga is still Ashtanga. Lots of repetitions of downward facing dog, plank, upward facing dog back to down dog, over and over and over again! Nicki Doane is very encouraging and she kept a steady pace. I definitely broke a sweat with this one. This instructional piece goes through suryanamaskar A and B which is the first part of the first series of sun salutations in Ashtanga. The entire sessions is done standing. I will check out another of her DVD's, she has a couple. she's an interesting teacher living off the grid in Maui.

No comments: