Saturday, July 7, 2007


Sianna Sherman



I am attending an Anusara Yoga workshop. My teacher and presenter for this weekend is Sianna Sherman, a senior Anusara yoga instuctor. In this type of yoga there seems to be a heavy focus on opening the heart. I am not too surprised I found myself seated at this event since the universe has insisted I open my heart and appears to be divinly guiding me into areas which will support this process. I do believe that opening certain parts of the body physically, gives freedom to emotional and mental issues, allowing the mind as well as the body to release any emotional and physical trash which may have built up and needs to be gotten rid of. In my personal practice I have done great deal of work on the mid back and the hips. I never had a deliberate plan of action, my body just guided me into the practice best suited to work these areas. I actually found Bikram style yoga was extremtly healing for my mid back. A strong broad side gave me courage which eventually led me to Forest yoga which was tremendously healing for tight congested hips. My loose hips have led me to a more vigorous vinyasa. Go figure.....

Sianna is wonderful. She clearly loves what she is doing and she emanates happiness and a sense of well being. She feels that each person is a cathedral. "Everything about this cathedral was built in the service of light. Open up your senses, awaken to the beauty and the light that's inside of us."

I'm happy to be attending this event. This morning I just wanted to roll over and fall asleep . I did not want to ride the metro for an hour to look for a place I've never been to. I'm so glad I did and bonus on bonus the workshop was in English and French.

Je t'aime bebe, tu sais?

No comments: