Monday, July 2, 2007

What are you feeling?



Each of us is a lake of love,
Yet strangely enough we are all
Thirsty.
Swami Kripalu

Lately I have been taking a lot of Baptiste Vinyasa classes. Many of these classes include deep chest opening poses. Today while in a variation of Gomukha-asana I felt climbing a mountain barefoot in winter would be preferable to the sensation I was experiencing. I wanted to collapse in a heap and maybe have a little cry. B.K.S Iyengar, says, "If you keep your armpits open, you won't get depressed." He is of course referring to opening the chest, shoulders and placing the head in midline allowing breath to flow through the upper body. With Independence Day just around the corner I think I’ll take some liberating steps of my own and include a series of heart openers in all my classes.

No comments: