Friday, September 28, 2007

Expecting Joy

It's been quite a week. The Namaste Experience continues with no luck on the juice fast. I just have not been able to complete one full day of a fast yet. I think part of my problem is the days I choose. I longing look at the sweets and decide to have just one. Just one succulent morsel, a little sweet, a sugary morsel of chocolate. Well my blog is called yoga, dogs and chocolate! I'm not one to quit so easily so next week I will choose another day. Hope spings eternal.
Last week I made an Italian Minestrone soup from cooking the whole foods way. Boy, what a disaster. I put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and headed off for the day. Bad idea... very bad idea. The result was a thick substance, bland and not entirely edible. OK, live and learn, as the song goes, there's always another train. This week I'll try my hand at Greek Lentil Soup. I also have a new yoga DVD, vinyasa flow with Seane Corne. There is very little talk if any, and I understand how this might unsettle some, but personally I need to breath these days and I'm looking forward to concentrating on breath rather than alignment. I'll report back on my silent practice.
Now for some really exciting news.... one of my students is pregnant! This is my first pregnant student and as soon as she told me I dashed home to look up the do's and don't and design a sequence for her. I am so excited and thrilled and I want to give her the very best experience I can to help her welcome in her new loved one by assisting her through the birthing experience by proving a solid yoga experience with breath and gentle asana. ANY words of wisdom anyone might have, student or teacher will be dearly appreciated and put into practice. If your out there I would love your suggestions.
Blessed day everyone!

No comments: