Thursday, September 20, 2007

With the gates open and all systems go I've been holding on tight and trying to figure out how to make all the pieces of my life fit together. The Namaste Experience is now in its third week with a lot of ups and downs. I have managed to cook one meal a week from Cooking The Whole Foods Way with last weeks meal Japanese noodle soup with tofu quite enjoyable. This week I will be making Italian minestrone soup. I've been careful to pick accessible recipes as life needs to be as simple as possible these days. I am still doing my yoga DVD review but finding it difficult to take on more than one a week. Tonight I'll try kundalini yoga with Gurmukh. I'll report back later on this. What I've found the most difficult is the one day juice fast. I have not been able to successfully make it one full day. Each time a pick a day, I wake up that morning ravished with hunger ready to eat a three course breakfast. I have to pick the right day, psych myself into it and stick to it! I am going to try again tomorrow, wish me luck! So far all I can say about my little experience is that I'm bewildered about how to smoothly fit it into my life. Its hard to find time to begin, do and finish everything these days. I have managed to finish a couple of books. I highly recommend Buddha by Karen Armstrong although a warning here, although its small, its compact and a little mind boggling because she gives so much information its hard to take it all in. I think this book deserves more than one read. I also read the last in the trilogy by Sinead Morearty, From Here to Maternity. Emma and James are a couple with fertility issues, using all their options to create a family. I loved all three books and this writer always has me laughing out loud. She's light and leaves the reader feeling life is really OK no matter what happens.
Well its off for a little Kundalini, hopes things are moving nicely for everyone!

No comments: