Friday, September 7, 2007

The Namaste Experience week one


My one day juice fast could not have gone more miserably wrong. I did not bring enough juice and water for the day, broke down and had junk food half way through the day, followed by sardines and cheese when I got home. So, needless to say..... things didn't go so well. I am going to have to plan this out more carefully next week and have a little more restraint and endurance. Part of my problem is not having a schedule or a plan yet. I need a schedule, I need to get organized, basically I need to get my shit together. On a good note I did review the basic flow sequence from Yoga Shakti with Shiva Rea. I liked it for a lot of reasons. The flow was only 30 minutes and this is all the time I had, she had a savasanya long enough and calming enough to fall asleep to (you can insert a snore or two here) and the yoga was practiced on a lovely beach, far far away from the maddening crowd! So far five stars for Shiva. New from the kitchen: tonight, Spanish Paella with tempeh.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

hi! I just found your blog. I used to do a liquid fast once a week. I found it useful to diversify a little bit --I did do fresh vegetable juice, but I also drank Odwalla protein drinks and some pureed vegetable soup (like Trader Joe's Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, etc) so that helped get me through the day a little bit. It DOES take a lot of planning, because you need a lot more than you think you would. I always loved doing it because I slept like a log at night - I don't know why, but the sleep was great.