Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sweet Dreams




Thursday evening after a mountain of errands, obligations and a rather long workday I finally settled unto the mat. Destination: Kundalini yoga with Gurmukh. I'm tired and I wish I had a yoga nidra DVD or CD but it's this or vinyasa. I must say much to my surprise I had a good time. I am going to have to do this yoga DVD a couple more times but I really got a lot out of just one session. Gurmukh gives good directions and explains why, what your doing relates to the chalkra system which is the basis of this yoga. By the end I had worked up a good sweat and settled down for a nice savasana after one hour. she has a sweet dispostion and I felt encouraged to carry on although all I really wanted to do was sit in front of the television and veg out with a bag of chips. I slept like an angel Thursday night and woke up Friday without giving my alarm the usual sound beating it gets every morning.

No comments: