Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Not meant to be


Today I attended the Paul Grilley Workshop. From the beginning there were big problems. I needed to drive but once there could not find a parking spot. I finally found something a good distance from the studio. I didn't mind the walk but knew I would need to continue to feed the meters or pay the consequences. I assumed I would be able to slip out slug quarters into the meter and slip back in. This it turned out was going to be a problem since the doors would be locked once everyone was in the workshop. Directed and redirected I finally found a friendly yogi willing to assist me. Late at this point I rushed into the studio and settled down. I saw some teachers I take class with from other studios which was lovely but short lived as I could not overcome my exhaustion, frustration, and need to be mindful of the time. I did make it to the meter and back into the studio, but not without more irritation and a general bad vibe feelings. I settled into my mat for the second half of the workshop and fell fast asleep. Paul Grilley had some interesting things to say but I'm not the one to ask what he talked about as I was holding hands with the sandman! What was I doing there in the first place?

No comments: